Many business owners consider the need for pensions however, resources are rarely spent in examining and understanding how they will turn their most valuable asset, their business, into cash. Their objective may be to retire, pursue other business interests, extract capital from the business, hand over to a more experienced or enthusiastic management team, or take advantage of favourable market conditions.
Whilst an immediate exit may be favoured through a business sale or management buy-out/buy-in, business transfers are unlikely to occur in the short term. For this reason a succession plan can be formulated to structure the build up to the eventual exit. It considers all options including the identification of potential successors, the eventual timing of the sale, valuation of the business and maximisation of the value for sale and any tax issues. As a result, appointing an experienced adviser will ensure that the process is well planned, and achieves the best possible value for the business in the least stressful manner.
We are able to assist with;
- Initial meeting to assess the key issues
- An in depth review of the business
- Analysis of each of the various exit options
- A valuation of the business
- Advice regarding the timing of the exit and growth required to meet personal requirements
- Assistance on grooming the business for sale including profit maximisation techniques
- Consideration of the tax effects of any future transaction
Other Lead Advisory Services available include;
- Business Sales
- Management Buy-outs or Buy-ins
- Fund raising
Other Transaction Support Services available include;
- HR including change management
- Business Planning and Financial Modelling
- Tax planning
- Advice on pensions
- Financial Due Diligence
Advisory services are provided by our dedicated team of full time corporate finance professionals who have experience of handling transactions from £1 to £100m across a wide spectrum of business sectors. Other Transaction Support Services are provided by an experienced team drawn from within Dains Corporate Finance and other specialist departments.
We are pleased to consider proposals of any size and if you have an enquiry, we offer an unconditional and informal discussion of your plans and requirements. Depending on the individual circumstances of each case we are able to negotiate a flexible basis for charging for our services which can be tailored to suit your requirements.